The BBMF Visitor Centre
A unique partnership between the Royal Air Force and Lincolnshire County Council provides the public with a gateway to the home of the BBMF at RAF Coningsby, Lincolnshire. Since opening its doors in 1986, the BBMF Visitor Centre has welcomed over 300,000 people, offering them the opportunity to see the Flight’s historic aircraft at close quarters and to observe the BBMF technicians working to maintain them in airworthy condition.
Entry to the exhibition areas, shop and car park is free but access to the BBMF hangar is by guided tour only, for which there is a small charge.
Hangar tours are led by knowledgeable and enthusiastic volunteer guides, who give freely of their time and who, in some cases, have first hand experience of the aircraft. (Tours last approximately one hour).
- Opening times: Open Monday to Friday 10.00am - 5.00pm
- Guided tours of the hangar: 10.30am - 3.30pm (3.00pm November - February)
- Permanent BBMF exhibition galleries and temporary exhibition area (free entry).
- Well stocked shop offers an extensive range of aviation giftware for all ages.
- Merlins Tea Room * New for Summer 2014 * (scroll down for more information).
- Exciting new Schools’ Education Session for Key Stage 2 pupils, led by specifically trained guides.
- Special rates for groups (including school parties).
- Access for the disabled: Facilities include toilets for disabled visitors and a manual wheelchair as, due to Health and Safety Regulations, electric wheelchairs are prohibited in the BBMF Hangar.
- There is free parking opposite the Visitor Centre. There are limited spaces for coaches and disabled parking.
Normally closed Saturday/Sundays and Bank Holidays (click here to check full details and for additional opening times).
Please Note: During the BBMF display season we cannot guarantee the presence of specific aircraft. Occasionally, due to RAF commitments or stand downs, the BBMF hangar may be closed to the public. (Please telephone ahead of your visit to confirm that hangar tours will be available and which aircraft will be on view).
For further information, prices and details of any special events or occasional weekend opening, please check the website www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/bbmf, telephone 01522 782040, fax 01522 516137 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Visitors Centre is located on Dogdyke Road, adjacent to Royal Air Force Coningsby. The address is RAF BBMF Visitors Centre, Dogdyke Road, Coningsby, LN4 4SY. For a larger image of the map
New for Summer 2014 - Merlins Tearoom
We provide a friendly welcome. A relaxing atmosphere nestled within the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Visitor Centre. Supplying an amazing range of food and beverages to either start or finish your amazing tour.
Fresh Barista coffee, traditional tea’s with a selection of cold drinks. Enjoy our assortment of cakes or sample our delectable range of afternoon teas. We also offer mouth-watering homemade soup or freshly made to order sandwiches/deli lunches which have received high praise from all who have experienced them.
A perfect complement to your visit.
Open Monday to Friday 10.00am-4.00pm and on special weekend opening.