St Clement Danes Church
For over 1,000 years, Christian churches have stood where St Clement Danes now stands. Gutted by fire in 1941, this fine Wren building was rebuilt by the Royal Air Force to become their central church, commemorating RAF personnel killed on active service.
Its island location in the middle of the Strand is curiously symbolic, for here an atmosphere of peace and quiet prevails, quite set apart from the noise and traffic outside. St Clement Danes is a living church, prayed in daily and visited throughout the year by thousands seeking remembrance, solace and renewed hope.
For further information about St Clement Danes, including service times please visit their website