Additional Duties Commitment Vacancy
7630 Squadron Adjutant - RAF Waddington
The JPA Number(s) for this vacancy: 1859462
Unit / Establishment / Location: RAF Waddington
Rank: Warrant Officer
Trade: Intelligence Analyst
Terms: Additional Duties Commitment
A vacancy has arisen for a Warrant Officer (Int(An)) to serve as 7630 Squadron Adjutant at RAF Waddington on, Additional Duties Commitment, Terms and Conditions of Service, with an initial proposed start date being 7 August 2017 or earlier.
Under Project HIGHGATE an existing Warrant Officer (Int(An)) post within HQ Intelligence Reserves at RAF Waddington has been rerolled as the Intelligence Reserve (IR) Wing Warrant Officer working for a maximum of 180 days per annum. Effectively a new post, the successful applicant must have the intellectual skills necessary to develop and implement the Strategic Vision for the intelligence reserve component. They should have gained broad trade experience, ideally across a number of intelligence disciplines and the training environment.
The Wg WO will be responsible to SO1 IR Wg and will have a central role in co-ordinating, standardising and evaluating all Int Reserve activity across the Intelligence Reserves Component. The Wg WO will be expected to visit/attend Sqn & Int Flt Working Weekends and has specific responsibilities:
- Develop Reserve Trade policy with other Int Pol staffs: 1 ISR Wg, AIW, Int Pol
- Conduct Reserve Trade Specialist Interviews
- Act as Intelligence Specialist Member on Reserve TG 11 promotion boards
- Provide specialist advice to all relevant units and organisations on trade matters
- Raising Intelligence Reserve Component identity
- Creating a Reserve Ambassador Network
and key responsibilities include:
- Informing SO1 ISR Wg of any matters arising which may affect operational capability, the morale or the fighting spirit of personnel, or the good name of the Reserve Intelligence Branch and Trade
- Assisting SO1 ISR Wg in the utility of the Intelligence Reserve Component
- Developing and exploiting new Reserve B&T opportunities
- Delivering through life career management for personnel
- Implementation of Standards across the Intelligence Reserve Component
Eligibility and Period of Service.
Unless already enlisted in the Reserve Air Forces the successful applicant will be required to be enlisted in the RAuxAF with a liability for call-out for permanent service.
The appointment is on ADC TCoS in accordance with AP 3392 Vol 7 Leaflet 105 for an initial period of up to 4 years.
Confirmation of appointment will depend on successful completion of a RAF Medical Board. Personnel who do not meet the Age/Permanent Joint Medical Employment Standard (PJMES) may apply for the appointment but will only be considered subject to an executive waiver process on a case by case basis.
Candidates who have been out of regular or reserve service for more than 5 years may be considered for this appointment; however, not on promotion. Furthermore, prior approval must be sought from the relevant Branch & Trade Advisor in order to confirm current and past experience prior to being invited to interview.
Personnel currently serving in the Regular Royal Air Force should be mindful of the current Early Termination Minimum Waiting Time (MWT) for their respective Rank, Branch/Trade and ensure this MWT is compatible with the post sponsors proposed start date, prior to applying.
Pension Issues. Personnel who qualify for a service pension should take financial advice from Defence Business Services (DBS) Pensions Department on the effect that undertaking reserve service has on their pension (details can be found on the JPA splash screen). Additional guidance can also be found in JSP 765 and the following links www.gov.uk/government/publications/joint-service-publication-jsp-765-the-armed-forces-compensation-scheme and www.gov.uk/government/publications/reserve-forces-pension-scheme-regulations. Of particular note is reference to the ‘Effect of Re-employment on Commutation’.
The appointment is for an ADC post, and the required number of paid days, including pro-rata leave is 180. Whilst the post does not involve shift work (unless supporting an Ex) the successful applicant should expect to work minimum of 1 weekend per month and adopt working pattern of 2-3 days per week.
Individual Reinforcement Training (IRT) (Module 1) and RAF Fitness Test (RAFFT). Reserve personnel are required to maintain currency in IRT and the RAFFT iaw the relevant TCoS. The successful applicant will be expected to undertake IRT and the RAFFT within 6 months of commencing employment.
Annual Salary and Leave. Pay will be in accordance with the pay scales published for the reserve air forces. ADC personnel are eligible for annual leave and public holidays in accordance with AP 3392 Vol 7 Leaflet 105 and JSP 760.
Accommodation. Personnel serving on ADC TCoS are eligible to Single Living Accommodation (SLA) if available, at entitled rates, if serving within the Air Command TLB.
 Should a candidate be selected who has been out of the Service greater than 5 years, the P2/P3 recruitment pack will not be despatched until the Bespoke Training Form has been completed and endorsed by HQ 22 Trg Gp (Director General Training) and SO1 Reserves Support.
Applicants should meet the following criteria.
- Must either have been, or currently be, a qualified Warrant Officer (Int(An)) or a Flight Sergeant (Int(An)) eligible for promotion in accordance with AP 3392 Vol 2 Leaflet 560 and AP 3376 Vol 1.
- Hold a current DV, or have held within past 5 years and prepared to undergo Developed Vetting.
- Must have experience in support to operations or training for operations.
- Must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge of the RAF Reserve, processes and procedures.
- Completed UKIAC or RFIAC or be prepared to attend course.
- WOSP qualified.
- Completed a period of mobilised or operational service.
- Broad experience of intelligence related operational and training matters.
A Selection Board will carry out a rigorous selection process for this post, based principally on an applicant’s last 3 appraisal reports as required. Telephone enquiries concerning this vacancy should be made to:
Sqn Ldr Jan Burton
Civ- 01522 727022
Mil - 95771 7022
Candidate applications, with a maximum 2 page CV (to include copies of last 3 appraisal reports as required) should be sent to:
Flt Lt S Spreckley
SO3 HR and Recruiting
HQ Intelligence Reserves
The closing date for applications is: 09/05/2017