By night and day.
A sword, the point downwards, and an anchor in saltire.
History of 119 Squadron:
No. 119 Squadron was formed at Andover on 1 January 1918, moving in March to Duxford to train as a day bomber unit. It did not become operational and was disbanded on 6 December 1918.
On 13 March 1941, G Flight with three Short S.26 flying boats at Bowmore was redesignated 119 Squadron. In August 1941, No. 119 Squadron moved to Pembroke Dock and, bereft of aircraft, became non-operational until April 1942. On 14 April 1942, No. 119 began to reform as an operational unit at Lough Erne, Catalinas beginning to arrive during May. In August 1941, the Squadron moved back to Pembroke Dock and began to receive Sunderlands. These flew their first patrol on 20 November 1942, but the Squadron was disbanded on 17 April 1943.
On 19 July 1944, the Albacore Flight of No. 415 Squadron RCAF became No. 119 Squadron when the rest of the Squadron was transferred to Bomber Command. Part of No. 155 (GR) Wing, the Squadron began anti-shipping patrols at night, their quarry being enemy E-boats and R-boats operating along the Dutch coast. In October 1944, it moved to Belgium, midget submarines being added to its targets and in January 1945 ASV-equipped Swordfish replaced Albacores. Several small submarines were destroyed before the Squadron flew its last patrol on 11 May and returned to the UK to disband on 25 May 1945.