Victuri volamus. - 'We fly to conquer'
In front of a mullet, a leopard rampant.
History of 122 Squadron:
No. 122 Squadron was formed on 1 January 1918 at Sedgeford as a day bomber unit but did not become operational before disbanding on 17 August 1918. It reformed on 29 October 1918 at Upper Heyford to fly D.H.10s but the Armistice came two weeks later and formation was suspended.
On 1 May 1941, No. 122 reformed at Turnhouse with Spitfires and began flying patrols on 6 June. In March 1942 the Squadron moved to Hornchurch and began flying sweeps over northern France. Joining Second TAF in June 1943, ground attack and bomber escort missions were flown. In February 1944, No. 122 converted to Mustangs and moved to Normandy three weeks after the initial landings. At the end of September 1944, the Squadron returned to the UK to undertake bomber escort missions for the rest of the war. In August 1945, Spitfires replaced Mustangs and were flown in Scotland until the Squadron was renumbered 41 Squadron on 1 April 1946.