History of 282 Squadron:
No 282 Squadron was formed on 1 January 1943 at Castletown for air-sea rescue duties in northern Scotland. At first it had on Walrus amphibians but these were supplemented by Ansons in March 1943. In November 1943, it took over No.281 Squadron's detachments at Drem and Ayr and operated around the Scottish coast until it merged with No.281 Squadron on 12 January 1944.
On 1 February 1944, No.282 reformed at Davidstowe Moor with Warwicks for ASR operations from south-west England. Some amphibians were received in March 1945, and the squadron disbanded on 19 July 1945.