History of 329 Squadron:
Nos.329 Squadrons was formed on 5 January 1944 on arrival from North Africa, where it had been operating under its Armée de l'Air designation of Groupe de Chasse 1/2. After assembling at Ayr, it moved to Perranporth to begin equipping with Spitfires. Becoming operational on 1 March, the squadron joined No.145 Wings Free French units on 14 April and provided cover for the landings in Normandy. In August it moved to France deploying forward into the Low Countries in September. In March 1945, No.329 returned to the UK, where it remained until disbanded on 17 November 1945.