History of 336 Squadron:
No.336 Squadron was formed on 25 February 1943 at Landing Ground 219 in the Western Desert, as the second Greek fighter squadron in the Desert Air Force. It was employed on shipping protection and air defence duties off the Libyan coast until September 1944, when the squadron moved to Italy with No.335. After flying sweeps over the Balkans, both squadrons moved to Greece for attacks on German-held islands in the Aegean. In May 1945, No.336 moved to Salonika, where it was disbanded on 31 July 1946.