History of 352 Squadron:
No.352 Squadron was formed at Benina on 22 April 1944, the first Yugoslav-manned fighter unit to be formed in the Mediterranean. Equipped with Hurricanes initially, it received Spitfires in June, and in August moved to Italy to join No.281 Wing. Escort was provided for fighter-bomber squadrons and No.352 was also engaged in ground attack missions for the rest of the war, using Vis as an advanced base until 1 January 1945, when the squadron's air echelon became permanently based there. Headquaters remained in Italy until moved to the Yugoslav mainland to join its air echelon in April 1945 and the squadron disbanded on 15 June 1945.