"Surely and quickly"
In front of a compass card, and eagle volant affrontée the head lowered to the dexter holding in the claws a chain of five links
History of 511 Squadron:
No.511 Squadron was formed at Lyneham on 10 October 1942 from No.1425 Flight, which had been operating a service between the UK and Gibraltar with Liberator transports since November 1941. These were supplemented in November 1942 by Albemaries and a detachment based at Gibraltar maintained a link with Malta. On 16 February 1943, C Flight was formed to look after the Albermaries and the squadron had an establishment of twenty-five transport aircraft. In October 1943, a service to India was opened and in November the squadron's first York arrived. A new establishment issued in July 1944 indicated that No.511 was to concentrate only on long-range flights, as this allowed for thirteen Yorks for A Flight and twelve Liberators for B Flight, the Dakotas being withdrawn. On 1 October 1944, nine Liberators were handed over to No.246 Squadron and by the end of the year only Yorks remained on strength. Trooping to the Middle East and Far East continued until the squadron was disbanded on 7 October 1946.
On 16 October 1946, No.511 reformed again with Yorks, and took part in the Berlin Airlift before converting to Hastings in 1949. These it flew on Transport Command routes throughout the world until it was renumbered No.36 Squadron on 1 September 1958.
On 15 December 1959, No.511 reformed as the second Britannia squadron in Transport Command, a type which it operated on the trunk routes to the Near and Far East. In June 1970 it moved to Brize Norton to join the other long-range transport squadrons of the Air Support Command until disbanded on 6 January 1976.