"Celeriter ferite ut hostes nacesit" ("Strike quickly to kill the enemy")
A guantlet holding a winged dagger in bend sinister, thrusting to the dexter
History of 515 Squadron:
No.515 Squadron was formed at Northolt on 1 October 1942 from the Defiant Flight. Working closely with the Aeroplane and Armament Experimental Establishment and the Telecommunications Research Establishment, Defiants had been fitted with equipment for jamming enemy radar (Operation 'Moonshine'). In June 1943 Beaufighters began to arrive and finally replaced the Defiants in December, the squadron having become non-operational in August. No.100 Group had taken over the task of counter-measures and No.515 joined it in January 1944, converting to Mosquitoes in February. Intruder missions began on 5 March mainly by night and continued till the end of the war. On 10 June 1945, the squadron was disbanded.