RAF Banner with Crest.

526 Squadron

526 SQUADRON

Motto:

No Motto

Badge:

No Badge

History of 526 Squadron:

No.526 Squadron was formed on 15 June 1943 at Longmaus Airport, Inverness for radar calibration duties, with Blenheims as its main type. Some Hornet Moths and Oxfords were also used and the squadron provided communications flights with Dominies for units in northern Scotland. All these types were still in service when the squadron was absorbed by No.527 Squadron on 1 May 1945.

  • Rate this page:

Text size:
medium|
larger|
largest