RAF Banner with Crest.

567 Squadron

567 SQUADRON

Motto:

No Motto

Badge:

No Badge

History of 567 Squadron:

No.567 Squadron was formed at Detling on 1 December 1943 from No.1624 Flight for anti-aircraft co-operation duties in south-east England. During the war period, it used Martinets for target-towing, Hurricanes for simulated attacks and Oxfords for gun-laying and searchlight practice. The latter were retained after the war but the Martinets were replaced by Vengances and the Hurricanes by Spitfires, until the squadron was disbanded on 15 June 1946.

  • Rate this page:

Text size:
medium|
larger|
largest