RAF Banner with Crest.

595 Squadron

595 SQUADRON

Motto:

No Motto

Badge:

No Badge

History of 595 Squadron:

No.595 Squadron was formed on 1 December 1943 at Aberporth, from Nos.1607, 1608 and 1609 Flights, for anti-aircraft co-operation duties in Wales. Various detachment flew Martinets, Henleys, Hurricanes and Oxfords, but at the end of 1944, Spitfires and Vengances also went into service. After the end of the war, the squadron remained in being after most of the other AAC units were disbanded. Flying Spitfires, Martinets and Oxfords, the squadron received Vampires for high-speed co-operation in December 1946, and No.595 operated from South Wales until renumbered No.5 Squadron on 11 February 1949.

  • Rate this page:

Text size:
medium|
larger|
largest