"We fly for the guns"
An eagle displayed holding a snaffle bit
History of 663 Squadron:
No.663 Squadron was formed at San Basilio in Italy on 14 August 1944 with Polish personnel to support the Polish Army Corps during the final battles. It left for Italy in October 1946 and was disbanded on arrival on 29 October 1946.
On 1 July 1949, No.663 was reformed at Hooton Park as a unit of the Royal Auxiliary Air Force and at various times operated detached flights at Ringway, Llandow, Pengam Moors, Wolverhampton and Castle Bromwich. It was disbanded on 10 March 1957.