"Speculatus ascendimus" ("We ascend to observe")
In front of two gun barrels in saltire, a lion rampant charged with the Cross of St.Andrew
History of 666 Squadron:
No.666 Squadron was formed at Andover on 5 March 1945 as a third Canadian-manned AOP unit but the war ended before it could become operational. On 30 September 1946, it was disbanded.
No.666 was reformed at Scone on 1 May 1949 as a unit of the Royal Auxiliary Air Force and operated detached flights at Turnhouse, Renfrew and Abbotsinch until disbanded on 10 March 1957.