History of 682 Squadron:
No.682 Squadron was formed from No.4 Photographic Reconnaissance Unit at Maison Blanche on 1 February 1943, for photographic reconnaissance duties in the Western and Central Mediterranean. After flying missions over Tunisia and Italy from Algeria, it moved to Italy in December 1943, and for the rest of the war based detachments at many airfields in Italy. In September 1944 a detachment was sent to southern France which moved forward behind the Allied armies until it reached Nancy in November, where it stayed until the end of March 1945. On 14 September 1945 the squadron was disbanded.