Vzdy pripraven (Czech) - 'Always ready'
A tawny owl's head couped.
History of 68 Squadron:
No. 68 Squadron was formed on 30 January 1917 at Harlaxton as a fighter unit and moved to France in September 1917, equipped with D.H.5s. In January 1918 it re-equipped with S.E.5As and on 19 January 1918 was redesignated No. 2 Squadron, Australian Flying Corps, disbanding on 28 February 1919.
No. 68 Squadron reformed at Catterick on 7 January 1941 as a night-fighter Squadron equipped with Blenheims and became operational on 7 April before moving to High Ercall for the defence of the Midlands. In May No. 68 converted to Beaufighters and in March 1942 they moved to East Anglia where they spent two years at Coltishall. In July 1944 the Squadron converted to Mosquitoes for intercepting flying bombs. The Squadron then turned its attention to enemy bombers used to launch flying bombs over the North Sea, on 20 April 1945 the Squadron was disbanded.
On 1 January 1952, No. 68 reformed as a night-fighter Squadron at Wahn and flew Meteors in Germany until renumbered 5 Squadron on 20 January 1959.