"We execise their arms"
In front of a maunch, three arms in armour conjoined
History of 695 Squadron:
No.695 Squadron was formed on 1 December 1943 at Bircham Newton from Nos.1611 and 1612 Flights for anti-aircraft co-operation duties in East Anglia. Initially, Henleys, Martinets and Lysanders were used for target-towing and Hurricanes for gun-laying practice, but by the end of the war the Martinet was the standard target tug. It was then replaced for a period by Vengances. Spitfires replaced the Hurricanes and in 1946 Oxfords were received. At the end of 1948, target-towing Beaufighters began to arrive, but the squadron was renumbered No.34 Squadron on 11 February 1949.