The Station Medical Centre (SMC) is situated on the ground floor of Station Headquarters on the Domestic Site. All personnel on the posted strength of RAF Boulmer are automatically registered for care at the SMC. Dependants of Service personnel occupying married quarters may register for care with one of the practices on this link.
Clinic times for Service Personnel
• Monday, Tuesday and Friday 0930-1130 at the SMC
• Wednesday and Thursday at the Consulting Rooms Alnwick at 0930.
• From 1700-1830 hours on weekdays, the duty doctor is on call at Alnwick Consulting Rooms for emergencies only.
• After 1830 hours and at weekends and bank holidays, all emergencies are dealt with by Alnwick Infirmary Accident and Emergency, contacting NHS Direct or dialing 999.
Aircrew: Appointment to be made within year to date of previous medical. Appointment to be arranged 2-3 weeks prior to medical for bloods to be taken.
ECGs: Examinations are carried out by appointment only.
Monday, Tuesday and Friday 0830-1100 in the SMC.
Practice Nurse Clinics
In addition to routine appointments for minor illness, clinics are also available with the Practice Nurse at the SMC for smoking cessation, well man, well woman, asthma, and holiday and travel advice.
• It is preferable for patients to be seen at the SMC or Consulting Rooms where all necessary equipment and medicines are readily available. However, the Doctor will discuss requests for home visits and attend as appropriate.
Telephone consultations with the Doctor at the SMC to discuss medical issues are available on Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 0930 and 0940.
• Medical Reception - 01665 607543 or ext 7543
• Practice Nurse - 01665 607599 or ext 7599
Transport for Service personnel to the Consulting Rooms in Alnwick is available daily Mon-Fri at 0900 hours and must be booked through the SMC. For