Both Station personnel and their families are well provided for at RAF Lossiemouth.
RAF Lossiemouth’s Community Support Team exists to provide a first class information, guidance and support service to the RAF Lossiemouth service community. The Community Support Team can be contacted at various locations on station or at the Elgin HiVE and can provide further information to service personnel and their families.
On Station there are:
- St Aidan’s Church and Community Centre – giving both spiritual guidance and support RAF Padres hold events and group meetings in St Aidan’s. Mother and Toddler groups are regularly held in the community areas of the centre. For information about service times and events contact the Chaplains’ Clerk on 01343 817193 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Lossiemouth HiVE – staffed by Information Officers, the HiVE is a focal point for the Service community and their families and is an endless source of information about RAF housing and support, local health and education facilities, regional entertainment and transport, and much more.
- Hairdresser and Tailor – located in the purpose built Combined Mess building.
- Spar Shop and Costa Coffee Shop – located in the purpose built Combined Mess building.
- Officers’, Warrant Officers’ & Sergeants’ and Junior Ranks’ Mess – homing several hundred servicemen and women, the three Station Messes provide sleeping, meal and off-duty facilities.
- The Owl’s Hoot – a bar and function room routinely used by Junior Ranks, but available for Station events or for private (Station) bookings.
Off Station, facilities include:
- RAF Lossiemouth Childcare Centre – conveniently located near the main entrance to the Station, this is one of many such centres in the area (more details are available from The HiVE).
- ‘The Circle’ Community Centre – located in the Bishopmill area of Elgin, this community centre caters for the nearby service community as well as the wider Moray community.
- The Elgin HiVE – located in ‘The Circle’, Bishopmill. Staffed by Information Officers, the HiVE is a focal point for the Service community and an endless source of information about RAF housing and support, local health and education facilities, regional entertainment and transport, and much more.
- SSAFA Forces Help – based just inside the main entrance to the Station, this civilian organisation provides a professional, comprehensive and confidential range of welfare support services to the Armed Forces, their personnel and their families.
- Clifton Heights Welfare Facilities – a number of flats and a house in Lossiemouth that have been established to provide accommodation for the use of RAF Lossiemouth service personnel of all ranks. MOD civilian staff are entitled to use these facilities subject to availability. Whilst the primary purpose is to provide welfare support, service personnel may use the apartments for visiting family and friends.
Useful links to further information:
RAF Community (http://www.raf.mod.uk/community/)
Families Federation (http://www.raf-ff.org.uk/)