When assigned to a new unit, RAF personnel and their families can find the experience a great adventure or one of the most difficult experiences for the whole family. The links below should help make the transition a little easier for all. HIVE Information Officers at the gaining unit can also be a great help and should be contacted for local information.

These links may not cover all aspects of your assignment, so it is important that you consult your Unit Personnel or admin staff if you are uncertain as to what action is needed. There are many agencies that can give you help and advice so do start to plan your move as soon as possible and inform support/administrative staff in your new location of any particular problems you have; do not wait until you arrive in your new location. There are certain actions/forms that the serving spouse is required to complete, so if your spouse is away on duty please seek help and advice from your unit personnel or administrative office.

RAF HIVE Information Service

Link to UK RAF Stations

Map of Main UK RAF Stations (PDF, 6.27MB)

A selection of Overseas HIVE or unit links:

HIVE Europe

RAF Gibraltar website

Falkland Islands and Ascension Island

European Joint Support Unit (looking after all mainland Europe personnel)

Applying for Service Families Accommodation at your new unit is a free online change of address service. Home movers enter their old address and new address once, select the organisations they want to notify, add some details and then send. The website also has a useful guide to moving home.

JSP752 (PDF, 3.03MB) is the Joint Service Publication on Allowances. It includes those allowances which are relevant on a new assignment.