The RAF Benevolent Fund is the RAF’s leading welfare charity. They are there, through thick and thin, to support you and your family, both while you are serving in the RAF and when you leave, whenever you need assistance. The charity has three main goals or ‘charitable objects’:
1. The first is to maintain and preserve the RAF Memorial in London on behalf of the nation.
2. The second is to provide assistance to the RAF family, when they are in need.
3. The third is to support the morale and wellbeing of the serving RAF.
What They do
They also run a range of innovative projects and services for serving RAF personnel and their families including:
• Airplay – a project supporting children and young people growing up on RAF stations:
Airplay is the RAF Benevolent Fund’s £24 million support programme for RAF families.
We’re providing a huge range of facilities, equipment and activities for toddlers through to teenagers on 28 RAF stations across the UK.
Airplay has three main elements:
• Airplay Parks: brand new multi-use games areas (MUGA) and rejuvenated play parks
• Airplay Youth Support: safe, supervised activities delivered by trained youth workers
• Airplay Childcare Centres: making childcare more accessible and affordable by building childcare centres on or near RAF stations
Find out more on the Airplay website:
• Debt and money advice – provided through the Citizens Advice Bureau:
• Relationship counselling for RAF couples:
• Seacot House – a holiday home on the south coast where RAF personnel and their families can take a break:
The RAFBF spend £20million each year supporting over 60,000 people, and they rely on you to make it all happen.
How much did the RAF Benevolent Fund spent on your unit last year? Click here.
If you need the RAF Benevolent Fund's support
If you are currently serving in the RAF, please speak to your Flight Commander or Chief Clerk who will arrange for an application for assistance to be forwarded to the RAFBF with the Station Commander's recommendations. The application form for a Serving Person can be found on the Community Support Intranet Site, or via your Chief Clerk .
Alternatively you can contact the support line on 0800 169 2942 (Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm) or apply for help online:
How you can support the RAF Benevolent Fund
You can support the RAF Benevolent Fund in many different ways, and it all makes a difference to the RAF family. You can:
- Fundraise – host a pub quiz night or run a marathon
- Donate – every donation counts no matter how big or small:
- Leave a gift in your will – and make a difference for future generations:
- Volunteer – help out at an airshow or volunteer your skills:
- Join the RAFBF community – find them on Facebook and Twitter:
Find out more on the RAF Benevolent Fund website: