The Royal Air Force charity embedded within the serving RAF community, dedicated to providing charitable support to the RAF family worldwide.
The RAF Central Fund (‘The Fund’) provides benefit to members of the RAF, both regular and reserves and their dependants. The Trustees of the Fund determine a 5 year strategic funding plan, which for the period 2015-2020 seeks to concentrate support around two core objectives:
- Maximisation of welfare benefit to serving RAF personnel and their families, leading to organisational and personal resilience.
- Encourage, support and facilitate the development of sport in the RAF, thereby promoting military efficiency, esprit de corps, teamwork and mental and physical well-being
The Fund currently spends approximately £5m each year supporting the serving RAF community and is happy to consider bids for projects ranging from a few hundred pounds to multi-million pound capital projects
Funding is principally provided through grant making, to assist with:
- Projects of a welfare, sporting, recreational or quality of life nature which cannot be funded from elsewhere.
- New Messes and Junior Ranks Welfare Funds.
- Grant funding to other charitable welfare organisations where they can evidence benefit to current members of the RAF and their dependants.
- Grant funding to RAF Sports Associations, Stations and Individuals. Funding to RAF Sports is administered through the RAF Sports Board.
How to Obtain Support from the Fund
If you have an idea that supports one of the core objectives we strongly recommend you refer to the Fund’s guidance notes.
The process to support applications and detailed guidance has recently been reviewed and updated. Please note that the application process for 2015 has significant new elements.
Applicants are advised to review the Fund’s pathway for funding to clearly understand the process involved when applying for a Central Fund Grant.
We want applying for the Central Fund to be as simple as possible so we will continually streamline our application process. The Central Fund team provide specific guidance that you can call for advice and are here to help you.
The timetable of grant applications for 2015 can be found here . Please note application window deadline dates are final.
You can contact the fund directly to discuss any aspect of the application process at
email@example.com or 01494 497793.
Alternatively the 'Funding' page on our Intranet for relevant forms and guidance (internal MOD users only).
RAF Central Fund
1E CR1 Hurricane BuildingHQ Air Command
RAF High Wycombe
RAF Waddington Climbing Wall, refurbished with the help of the RAF Central Fund, Summer 2013.