The Royal Air Force charity embedded within the serving RAF community, dedicated to providing charitable support to the RAF family worldwide.
The RAF Central Fund (‘The Fund’) provides benefit to members of the RAF, both regular and reserves and their dependants. The Trustees of the Fund determine a 5 year strategic funding plan, which for the period 2015-2020 seeks to concentrate support around two core objectives:
- Maximisation of welfare benefit to serving RAF personnel and their families, leading to organisational and personal resilience.
- Encourage, support and facilitate the development of sport in the RAF, thereby promoting military efficiency, esprit de corps, teamwork and mental and physical well-being
The Fund currently spends approximately £5m each year supporting the serving RAF community and is happy to consider bids for projects ranging from a few hundred pounds to multi-million pound capital projects
Funding is principally provided through grant making, to assist with:
- Projects of a welfare, sporting, recreational or quality of life nature which cannot be funded from elsewhere.
- New Messes and Junior Ranks Welfare Funds.
- Grant funding to other charitable welfare organisations where they can evidence benefit to current members of the RAF and their dependants.
- Grant funding to RAF Sports Associations, Stations and Individuals. Funding to RAF Sports is administered through the RAF Sports Board.
For more details and to get in touch with the RAF Central Fund, please visit their website below: