FTRS (Limited Commitment) Vacancy
Vacancy for a Cpl - Any Trade - JNCO Recruiting 502 Sqn RAuxAF - Aldergrove Flying Station
The JPA Number(s) for this vacancy: 1724941
Unit / Establishment / Location: 502 Sqn RAuxAF - Aldergrove Flying Station
Terms: FTRS (Limited Commitment)
A vacancy has arisen for a Corporal (Any Trade) to serve as JNCO Recruiting/Training at 502 (Ulster) Sqn, Aldergrove Flying Station on Full Time Reserve Service(LC) Terms and Conditions of Service (TCoS), with an initial proposed start date being 04 June 2018 (or earlier).
As JNCO Recruiting/Training the incumbent will be responsible to the Chf Clk for the management and coordination of all recruiting activities on the Sqn. To achieve this, the role will require close cooperation with the AFCO Belfast staff and involve the active recruitment of both regular and reserve personnel. The incumbent will also be required to prepare for and provide instruction on delegated areas during training evenings and weekends.
JNCO Recruiting/Training is responsible to the Chf Clk for;
- Deliver the recruiting task as defined at AP3391, Volume 5, Part C.
- The day-to-day administration and expeditious handling of all P2 and P3 cases.
- Ensure that Initial Interviews are carried out in accordance with AP 3391, Vol 5, and that current and up to date information is provided to candidates in relation to current career opportunities within the RAF, PMRAFNS and RAF Reserves.
- Book P2 candidates onto the P2 Presentation and ensure timely booking and administration of the Airman’s Selection Test in the case of P3 applicants.
- Carry out P3 Trade Counselling in accordance with AP3391, Vol 5.
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate and comprehensive DRS records on all potential P2 and P3 entrants in accordance with DRS SOPs.
- Ensure the dispatch of relevant DRS letters within the appropriate time frames.
- Carry out timely preparation of P2 and P3 casework.
- Assist the Interviewing in arranging P2 presentations, Filter and Debrief Interviews.
- Prepare candidates’ paperwork within one working day of the Filter Interview, ready for dispatch to OASC post successful sift.
- The organisation and execution of P2/P3 motivational activities iaw the Area Liaison Plan and AP3391, Vol 5.
- Responsible for ensuring all Directives covered in the RAF Recruiting and Selection Strategy are carried out in full.
Eligibility and Period of Service. Unless already enlisted in the Reserve Air Forces the successful applicant will be required to be enlisted in the RAFR with a liability for call-out for permanent service.
The appointment is on FTRS (HC) TCoS in accordance with AP 3392 Vol 7 Part 1 Chapter 17 and AP3392 Vol 7 Part 3 Chapter 2 for an initial period of up to 4 years.
Confirmation of appointment will depend on successful completion of a RAF Medical Board. Personnel who do not meet the Age/Permanent Joint Medical Employment Standard (PJMES) may apply for the appointment but will only be considered subject to an executive waiver process on a case by case basis.
Candidates who have been out of regular or reserve service for more than 5 years may be considered for this appointment; however, not on promotion. Furthermore, prior approval must be sought from the relevant Branch & Trade Advisor in order to confirm current and past experience prior to being invited to interview.
Personnel currently serving in the Regular Royal Air Force should be mindful of the current Early Termination Minimum Waiting Time (MWT) for their respective Rank, Branch/Trade and ensure this MWT is compatible with the post sponsors proposed start date, prior to applying.
Applicants of an equivalent rank from sister services may apply, but will only be accepted into RAFR service if an appropriate branch/trade sponsor can be identified to sponsor the applicant. Branch/trade sponsor approval must be agreed before the interview.
Pension Issues. Personnel who qualify for a service pension should take financial advice from Defence Business Services (DBS) Pensions Department on the effect that undertaking reserve service has on their pension (details can be found on the JPA splash screen). Additional guidance can also be found in:
JSP 765 link below: www.gov.uk/government/publications/joint-service-publication-jsp-765-the-armed-forces-compensation-scheme
Of particular note is reference to the ‘Effect of Re-employment on Commutation’.
Individual Reinforcement Training (IRT) (Module 1) and RAF Fitness Test (RAFFT). Reserve personnel are required to maintain currency in IRT and the RAFFT iaw the relevant TCoS. The successful applicant will be expected to undertake IRT and the RAFFT within 6 months of commencing employment.
Annual Salary and Leave. Pay will be in accordance with the pay scales published for the reserve air forces. FTRS personnel are eligible for annual leave and public holidays in accordance with AP 3392 Vol 7 Part 1 Chapter 17 and AP3392 Vol 7 Part 3 Chapter 2 and JSP 760.
Accommodation. Personnel serving on FTRS(LC/HC) TCoS are eligible to Single Living Accommodation (SLA) if available, at entitled rates, if serving within the Air Command TLB.
 Should a candidate be selected who has been out of the Service greater than 5 years, the P2/P3 recruitment pack will not be despatched until the Bespoke Training Form has been completed and endorsed by HQ 22 Trg Gp (Director General Training) and SO1 Reserves Support.
Applicants should meet the following criteria.
- Must either have been, or currently be, a Corporal (Any Trade) or a Senior Aircraftman eligible for promotion (Note: All personnel with 3 years seniority and a positive promotion recommendation on their current SJAR can be considered by a PSB.) in accordance with AP 3392 Vol 2 Leaflet 560 and AP 3376 Vol 1.1
- Must be capable of using IT, particularly MS Office.
- Have experience as a recruiter.
- Have experience with the TAFMIS/DRS system.
- Have experience as an instructor
- Have experience working in a post associated with the Reserve Air Forces
- Complete the following course: Defence Train the Trainer (DTTT).
A Selection Board will carry out a rigorous selection process for this post, based principally on an applicant’s last 3 appraisal reports. Telephone enquiries concerning this vacancy should be made to:
FS C P Taylor
Candidate applications, with a maximum 2 page CV (to include copies of last 3 appraisal reports) should be sent to:
FS C P Taylor
502 (Ulster) Sqn
Aldergrove Flying Station
The closing date for applications is 9 March 2018 and interviews will take place shortly afterwards.
The closing date for applications is: 09/03/2018