FTRS (Home Commitment) Vacancy
Vacancy for an SAC - Any Trade - HQ Air Cmd - A1 Ops - RAF High Wycombe
The JPA Number(s) for this vacancy: 1929766
Unit / Establishment / Location: HQ Air Cmd - RAF High Wycombe
Rank: Senior Aircraftman
Terms: FTRS (Home Commitment)
A vacancy has arisen for a SAC (Any) to serve as SAC A1 Ops Force Preparation and Support within A1 Ops at HQ Air on Full Time Reserve Service Home Commitment (HC). Terms and Conditions of Service (TCoS), with an initial proposed start date of 24 Sep 18.
You will work primarily within the Force Preparation and Support Team and you will be required to assist with the running of Personnel Reports, timely co-ordination and review of the A1 Ops policy, dissemination of the weekly Permanently Departed theatre list to units, the collation of data and statistics of FGen requirements and the preparation of the Deployed Ops Welfare Packages.
List the job specifications in bullet point format:
- Administration of the A1 Ops dashboard and website to ensure that all the information is up to date and accurate.
- Maintaining, updating and distributing the P Staff, WOs’ and Chief Clks’ list at the beginning of each month.
- Booking and setting up of VTC tele conferencing apparatus.
- Compiling and updating the IRT 1-3 course spreadsheet with the latest information.
- Compiling and updating a central MT Control poc list, Overseas poc list and A1 Ops contact list.
- Advising CAG Clerk of Duty A1 Ops nomination and the coordination of all paperwork associated with A1 Ops Duty.
- Administration, uploading and Meridio of the relevant paperwork to MOSS teamsite and assist with the creation and administration of the Sharepoint site.
- Production of a JPA Persrep detailing where all RAF personnel are located and forwarding to the CDOC Duty Officer. This could be used out of hours should the whereabouts of personnel be required.
- Identifying personnel who have not been moved and tracked (M&T) back to their parent unit on JPA upon return from Operational Theatres. Sending a report to the Unit HR at parent unit to ensure that M&T action is undertaken.
- Administration of all A1 Ops policy, ensuring it is reviewed annually by the A1 Ops policy owner and subsequent changes are tracked and recorded appropriately.
- The accurate collation of data and statistics for the monthly/quarterly returns to aid upward reporting.
- Coordination of office administration, to include but not limited to, collections and delivery of mail, weekly distribution of SROs and other matters of the moment that will affect office staff.
- Assist and support other sections within A1 Ops, specifically but not limited to the administration of waivers, job specs and tasking orders.
Eligibility and Period of Service. Unless already enlisted in the Reserve Air Forces the successful applicant will be required to be enlisted in the RAFR with a liability for call-out for permanent service.
The appointment is on FTRS (HC) TCoS in accordance with AP 3392 Vol 7 Part 1 Chapter 17 and AP3392 Vol 7 Part 3 Chapter 2 for an initial period of up to 4 years.
Confirmation of appointment will depend on successful completion of a RAF Medical Board. Personnel who do not meet the Age/Permanent Joint Medical Employment Standard (PJMES) may apply for the appointment but will only be considered subject to an executive waiver process on a case by case basis.
Candidates who have been out of regular or reserve service for more than 5 years may be considered for this appointment; however, not on promotion. Furthermore, prior approval must be sought from the relevant Branch & Trade Advisor to confirm current and past experience prior to being invited to interview.
Personnel currently serving in the Regular Royal Air Force should be mindful of the current Early Termination Minimum Waiting Time (MWT) for their respective Rank, Branch/Trade and ensure this MWT is compatible with the post sponsors proposed start date, prior to applying.
Applicants of an equivalent rank from sister services may apply, but will only be accepted into RAFR service if an appropriate branch/trade sponsor can be identified to sponsor the applicant. Branch/trade sponsor approval must be agreed before the interview.
Pension Issues. Personnel who qualify for a service pension should take financial advice from Defence Business Services (DBS) Pensions Department on the effect that undertaking reserve service has on their pension (details can be found on the JPA splash screen). Additional guidance can also be found in:
JSP 765 link below: www.gov.uk/government/publications/joint-service-publication-jsp-765-the-armed-forces-compensation-scheme
Of particular note is reference to the ‘Effect of Re-employment on Commutation’.
Individual Reinforcement Training (IRT) (Module 1) and RAF Fitness Test (RAFFT). Reserve personnel are required to maintain currency in IRT and the RAFFT iaw the relevant TCoS. The successful applicant will be expected to undertake IRT and the RAFFT within 6 months of commencing employment.
Annual Salary and Leave. Pay will be in accordance with the pay scales published for the reserve air forces. *FTRS personnel are eligible for annual leave and public holidays in accordance with AP 3392 Vol 7 Part 1 Chapter 17 and AP3392 Vol 7 Part 3 Chapter 2 and JSP 760.
Accommodation. Personnel serving on FTRS(LC/HC) TCoS are eligible to Single Living Accommodation (SLA) if available, at entitled rates, if serving within the Air Command TLB. However, due to a severe shortage, it is unlikely that accommodation will be available at RAF High Wycombe.
 Should a candidate be selected who has been out of the Service greater than 5 years, the P2/P3 recruitment pack will not be despatched until the Bespoke Training Form has been completed and endorsed by HQ 22 Trg Gp (Director General Training) and SO1 Reserves Support.
Applicants should meet the following criteria.
- Must either have been, or currently be a SAC.
- IT Training: ECDL. DII / MOSS. MODNET
- JPA Experience.
A Selection Board will carry out a rigorous selection process for this post, based principally on an applicant’s last 3 appraisal reports as required. Telephone enquiries concerning this vacancy should be made to:
FS B Winders
FS A1 Ops Commitments
Candidate applications, with a maximum 2 page CV (to include copies of last 3 appraisal reports should be sent to:
N J Duncan
SO2 A1 Ops
RAF High Wycombe
Closing date for applications is 09 March 2018 and interviews will take place shortly afterwards.
The closing date for applications is: 15/06/2018