- Based at RAF Brize Norton
- Established as the Parachute Training Squadron in 1940.
- The RAF Falcons, the RAF’s official Parachute Display Team, was formed in 1965.
- Responsible for all of the parachute training for all 3 services.
Airborne Delivery Wing comprises of the following elements:
Headquarters and Operation Squadron
Headquarters and Operation Squadron coordinates all assets, both manpower and logistical support to enable training and operational tasking to be completed.
Parachute Training Squadron
The biggest squadron on the Wing, Parachute Training Squadron delivers all parachute training to all 3 Services. The range of engagement ranges from training troops on their first parachuting activity, to conducting continuation training to Specialist Training Units in preparation for parachute insertion using advanced parachute techniques.
Performance Development Squadron
Performance Development Squadron is responsible for the initial and further training of all Parachute Jumping Instructors. One avenue of advanced training available to selected PJIs is the RAF Falcons Parachute Display team which is widely recognised as the UK’s premier military parachute display team
Support Squadron is responsible for all training support activities including course documentation, instructor monitoring and the provision of 1st party auditing activities. The Officer Commanding Support Squadron is also the Trade Specialist Adviser for all Parachute Jumping Instructors.
Parachute Engineering Squadron
The Parachute Engineering Squadron carries out all forward and depth servicing, maintenance, rigging and the repair of main and reserve parachutes used across a variety of Military Parachutes. The Squadron consists mainly of Survival Equipment Specialists from Trade Group 13. Additionally, the Parachute Engineering Squadron is responsible for the provision, coordination and control of Aircrew Equipment Assemblies and ancillary equipment.
1940 - Formed at RAF Ringway as the Parachute Training Squadron.
1942 – Became an independent unit known as the Parachute Training School.
1944 - Supported Operation Market Garden.
1946 - Moved to RAF Upper Heyford.
1950 - Moved to RAF Abingdon.
1956 - Supported 3 PARA during the Suez crisis.
1976 - Moved to its current home at RAF Brize Norton.