Accommodation Information - Married Accompanied

Accommodation Information - Married Accompanied

This information sheet includes brief details of Serviceaccommodation management and provides specific information for this local area. Further information is availableon the MOD Defence Infrastructure Organisationwebsiteat and on the CarillionAmey websiteat

The Tri-Service AccommodationPolicy can befound in Joint ServicePublication (JSP) 464, thepolicy document for ServiceFamily Accommodation(SFA), Single Living Accommodation (SLA) and the substitute equivalents ona worldwidebasis. JSP464is availablein the

Service Community area of the MOD website at the following link: ation/Jsp464TriserviceAccommodationRegulationstsars.htm

A list of usefulcontacts is providedat the end of this information sheet.

Service Families Accommodation (SFA)

Management of SFA

CarillionAmey (CA) is responsible for delivering the Defence housing service on behalf of the Defence Infrastructure Organisation. This is a ‘one stop’ service providing housing applications, allocations, housing improvements, furniture, Move In appointments, maintenance and Move Out appointments. It covers all Service Families Accommodation (SFA) in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. ‘Your Guide to living in Service Family Accommodation’ is available on the CarillionAmey website in the Service Family Accommodation section

CarillionAmey Occupancy Service team provides an allocations service through the electronic 1132 application system and the CarillionAmey Helpdesk which is the point of contact for customers.

SFA in this area is managed by CarillionAmey and contact details are:

Tel: 0800 707 6000 (Option 3 – Occupancy Services) (Option 1 – Housing Repairs)

Opening Hours: Occupancy Services: 0800 – 1800hrs
Housing Repairs: 24/7 365 days a year

Applications and Allocations

All Service personnel who wish to apply for Service Family Accommodation (SFA) are expected to use the electronic application form (e-1132) - unless you are on Operations or do not readily have access to the Defence Intranet. If you want to apply for Service Family Accommodation go to - which is only available on MOD systems to protect your information. For paper applications if you have special requirements or are unable to access the Defence Intranet please download Form 1132 from Forms should be legibly completed and all relevant information provided - forms that are illegible or incomplete will be returned and the allocation of a property to you may be delayed as a result.

A Self Preference System is in place when applying for your SFA. The extension of the existing system provides you with additional online functions - such as being able to view available properties that match your entitlement and register your top three preferences in order. Once an offer for a property has been made and accepted, you will be able to book your Move In (and where appropriate Move Out) appointment, as well as electronically signing your licence to occupy.

Full details on applications and the allocation process can be found on the DIO website, by asking the Service Community Support Officer (SCSO) or the HIVE Information Officer.

There are certain timescales to consider when applying for an SFA if you are getting married or a single parent expecting a child. Full details on entitlement and eligibility for UK SFA are available in: JSP 464 Tri-Service Accommodation Regulations (TSARs) Part 1

The SCSO acts as the Point of Contact at station level between the residents and CarillionAmey where issues have arisen and not been resolved satisfactorily.

The SCSO is: FS McClymont 01902 377828 located in the Community HUB.

Move In

CarillionAmey or e-1132 system will confirm the allocation and details of SFA, along with the date and time of the agreed Move In, which you may arrange yourself using the online application system, and takes place during working hours. Where possible, the HIVE will have provided an Arrivals Pack containing local information, to the SFA. The Housing Officer (HO) will meet you at the property and you will have the opportunity to:

  • Familiarise yourself with the property’s fixtures, fittings and appliances.
  • Read electricity/gas meters and measure levels in oil tanks.
  • Take possession of the keys.
  • Identify who is responsible for any repair or maintenance queries.
  • Confirm that there is a valid Gas Safety Certificate in the SFA.
  • Complete and sign the Move In documentation.

The HO will then issue a 14 Day Observation Form (the 14 Day Form is your opportunity to note any concerns that were not raised with your HO on Move In (e.g.: stains in carpets, chips in skirting boards etc).

More details are available in the ‘Moving In’ section on the CarillionAmey website and in ‘Your Guide to Living in Service Family Accommodation’ available as a download; from the CarillionAmey website.

Move Out

You need to inform CarillionAmey when you have been re-assigned, within 14 days of receiving your Assignment Order. You are also required to book a MANDATORY Pre Move- Out Advisory Visit (PMOAV) with CarillionAmey up to two months prior to your expected move out date.

The aim of the PMOAV is to advise you on the agreed Move Out standard, whilst also giving the Housing Officer (HO) the opportunity to assess any repair/maintenance work that may be necessary prior to the SFA being allocated to another family.

Your Move Out appointment is also booked via the OST. Your Move Out will be attended by the HO who will inspect your SFA to see if it meets the agreed Move Out standard.

If the standard is not satisfactory & there are deficiencies or damages that are not considered to be fair wear & tear, a charge will be raised by the HO & you will be invoiced accordingly.

Once the HO has completed the inspection & has completed the Move Out documentation, an appropriate Joint Personnel Administration (JPA) action will then be taken by the OST to cease accommodation charges on that particular property from the date of your Move Out.

More details on the PMOAV are available in the Service Family Accommodation section on the CarillionAmey website.

Maintenance and Repairs

CarillionAmey provides the repair and maintenance service for SFA. For any guidance on repairs please see the ‘Your Guide to living in Service Families Accommodation’ issued by the HO to the Licensee on acceptance of the property, view the CarillionAmey website or contact the Occupancy Service Team.

Occupants’ requests for repairs and / or maintenance should be directed to:
CarillionAmey - 0800 707 6000 (24 hr)

For all Private Finance Initiative (PFI) Housing, repairs and maintenance will be carried out by the PFI provider.

Loss of Entitlement Team

DIO continue to manage customers who lose their entitlement (such as Irregular occupants). For enquires about loss of entitlement to SFA resulting from retirement, redundancy, discharge or estrangement, please contact the Loss of Entitlement team.

Tel: 01904 418000 or Military 94510 8000


CarillionAmey has a strong customer focus to provide the best service they can to ServicePersonnel and their families. Whatever the problem, they will endeavor to sort it out asquickly as possible. They value your feedback and monitor complaints which help them focus on improving there service in those areas.

How can I make a complaint?

They have a set three stage procedure for complaints to make sure that they can be fully investigated and promptly put right. If you are dissatisfied by the response at any stage, you will be given the opportunity to go to the next one.

First stage

Telephone the Occupancy Services Team on 0800 707 6000 and request to speak with a Customer Care Manager, the operator will provide a Reference Number, please make a note of this as a Manager should aim to contact you within one hour of a complaint being lodged.

Second stage

If the complaint has been closed at stage one and you are still dissatisfied you can escalate your complaint in writing to the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) Customer Service Team. Their current postal address is indicated at

Third stage

If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from a Second Stage complaint, please write to the Independent Housing Review Panel, DCDS (Pers) Service & Veterans Welfare, Accommodation Policy C2, Ministry of Defence, Floor 6, Zone A, Main Building, Whitehall London SW1A 2HB.

How does DIO deal with written complaints?

If you make a written complaint they will acknowledge it within three working days. An investigation will be carried out but depending on the nature of the complaint, this can take some time. They do however aim to provide you with an update within 10 working days. If they need to arrange to meet with you, they aim to write to you within five days after the meeting.

Where can I get independent advice?

You can seek independent advice through your local RAF Community Support Officer. Alternatively there are civilian organisations such as Citizens Advice Bureau or Housing Advice Centres who will help.

Substitute Service Families Accommodation (SSFA)


When there is insufficient SFA for entitled Service personnel, Occupancy Service Team (OST) will issue a Non Availability Certificate (NAC). The issue of a NAC is the authority to obtain SSFA. The OST work with HCR, the MOD Contractor, to secure SSFA from the commercial rental market. HCR is responsible for identifying suitable properties which meet the requirements and specification.

Applicants who are in receipt of a NAC will be provided with further guidance from the OST at the point of issue. The policy regarding SSFA is in JSP 464 Part 1 Section 6 (see introduction).

Maintenance and Repairs

Mon - Thurs
0900-1730hrs - HCR Maintenance Advisors (01256 313764) or HCR Switchboard (01256 812700)
1730-0900hrs - ABLE (0333 6664357)

0900-1700hrs - HCR Maintenance Advisors (01256 313764) or HCR Switchboard (01256 812700)
1700-0900hrs - ABLE (0333 6664357)

Other Accommodation

Joint Service Housing Advice Office

JSHAO is available to provide Service personnel and families with information and advice on the options for civilian housing. Details are available at

Contact House

Contact Houses provide accommodation on a Unit or within an estate primarily for compassionate and contact reasons. They are available to personnel and their families who need temporary accommodation for short periods of time either for themselves or family members. In addition, subject to the prioritisation of compassionate need, the contact house can be used as a community facility to provide family members with accommodation which would not otherwise be available.
RAF Cosford has 3 Contact Houses and 1 Contact Flat – To check availability and make a booking please phone HIVE 01902 377828 or Community Support on 01902 377395

Visitors’ Accommodation

Various accommodation options are available from the local area for visitors.

Useful Contacts

  • CarillionAmey ( - 0800 707 6000
  • Station Community Support Officer - 01902 377310
  • Chief Clerk - 01902 377358
  • Officers Mess - 01902 377267
  • Sgts Mess - 01902 377929
  • General Duties Assistant - 01902 377950
  • HIVE - 01902 377828
Text size: