RAF Recruitment COVID-19 Information
Thank you for your interest in a career in the Royal Air Force
In the Royal Air Force, our top priority is the wellbeing of our country and community. We are monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are continuing to follow the latest Government advice. To keep everyone as safe as possible, we have decided to adjust our recruitment process. All face-to-face visits to AFCOs are now suspended and some stages of the recruitment process are on hold but all applications remain ‘live’. Please take a moment to review the information below and check whether you are affected by the changes.
You can reach the RAF team through our online chat, which you can find on our website, or on social media, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. If you’re interested in a role or are looking for more information, you can find more details on the RAF Recruitment website.
I have submitted an application
- Due to the current COVID-19 situation, you may experience longer waiting times for your application to be processed. Please be assured that your application will be actioned in due course and you will be notified via your candidate portal as soon as possible.
I have already applied
- Your AFCO/Recruiter will get in touch with you via your candidate portal, email or by telephone to give you more information and tell you which stages of the process you can still attend.
- Please keep your candidate diary as up-to-date as possible, so we can check when you’re available.
I am waiting on exam results in the summer of 2020
- For candidates who are unable to take exams in the summer of 2020, we will continue to process applications based upon the predicted grades which have been issued by the Exam Boards.
- Our AFCOs have now started to re-open.
- We are not yet carrying out face-to-face interviews, but we are now carrying out video interviews where possible. This could change in the coming days/weeks.
- We have started to re-start and carry out Airmen Selection Tests (AST) by invite only at the AFCO.
- We are not currently carrying out the Computer Based Aptitude Tests (CBAT) or Officer & Aircrew Selection Centre (OASC) dates. This is likely to change shortly.
- Fitness test will restart week commencing 10th August.
- We are starting to carry out Medicals in smaller numbers, therefore, it may take time for dates to come through.
- Pre-Recruit Familiarisation Visits are not taking place.
- Phase One Training dates are still valid for Airmen roles only, Initial Officer Training is currently on hold, this may change in the near future.
All information regarding dates will come through via your candidate portal. You will be contacted as soon as there is more information regarding your application.
Due to the implementation of social distancing measures, we have had to take the difficult decision to suspend training for some courses at the RAF College. The impact of this decision is that those whose training has been suspended will now take priority and will return to Cranwell later in the year to recommence their training. We value every application and are grateful for your patience.
The Officer and Aircrew Selection Centre Board Presidents and their staff will be in touch with all impacted candidates shortly, but in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact your Careers Adviser or the Officer and Aircrew Selection Centre should you have any immediate questions.
We will update this information as quickly as possible if any of the process changes over the coming days/weeks.
The RAF Recruitment Team
Last updated: Wednesday 29th July 2020