RAF Recruitment COVID-19 Information
Thank you for your interest in a career in the Royal Air Force
In the Royal Air Force, our top priority is the wellbeing of our country and community. We are monitoring the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are continuing to follow the latest Government advice. To keep everyone as safe as possible, we have decided to adjust our recruitment process. All face-to-face visits to AFCOs are now suspended and some stages of the recruitment process are on hold but all applications remain ‘live’. Please take a moment to review the information below and check whether you are affected by the changes.
You can reach the RAF team through our online chat, which you can find on our website, or on social media, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. If you’re interested in a role or are looking for more information, you can find more details on the RAF Recruitment website.
I have submitted an application
- You will be notified via your candidate portal once it has been processed.
I have already applied
- Your AFCO/Recruiter will get in touch with you via your candidate portal, email or by telephone to give you more information and tell you which stages of the process you can still attend.
- Please keep your candidate diary as up-to-date as possible, so we can check when you’re available.
I am waiting on exam results in the summer of 2020
- For candidates who are unable to take exams in the summer of 2020, we will continue to process applications based upon the predicted grades which have been issued by the Exam Boards.
- We are not carrying out face-to-face interviews, however, we are starting to do online video interviews. Your AFCO will be in touch with details if this is possible.
- We are not currently carrying out Airmen Selection Tests (AST).
- We are not currently carrying out the Computer Based Aptitude Tests (CBAT) or Officer & Aircrew Selection Centre (OASC) dates.
- We are not currently carrying out fitness tests.
- We are not currently carrying out medicals.
- Pre-Recruit Familiarisation Visits are not taking place.
- Phase One Training dates are currently still valid, but this may also change in the near future.
If you have any questions about your existing application, please get in touch with your AFCO via your candidate portal or by email. Please note that you will not be permitted physical access to our Armed Forces Careers Offices at this time.
Due to the implementation of social distancing measures, we have had to take the difficult decision to suspend training for some courses at the RAF College. The impact of this decision is that those whose training has been suspended will now take priority and will return to Cranwell later in the year to recommence their training. We value every application and are grateful for your patience.
The Officer and Aircrew Selection Centre Board Presidents and their staff will be in touch with all impacted candidates shortly, but in the meantime please do not hesitate to contact your Careers Adviser or the Officer and Aircrew Selection Centre should you have any immediate questions.
We will update this information as quickly as possible if any of the process changes over the coming days/weeks.
The RAF Recruitment Team
Last updated: Wednesday 20th May 2020