As an aircraft engineering specialist, Aircraft Technicians (Avionics) carry out maintenance and repair work on the sophisticated electronic and avionic on-board RAF aircraft such as:
- Communication and Identification systems.
- Image and data acquisition including reconnaissance and target acquisition equipment.
- Aircraft defensive aides systems.
- Weapon aiming and delivery systems.
- Aircraft flight control systems.
You will also maintain the aircraft electrical generation and distribution systems that provide power for the electronic systems on RAF aircraft. In addition, you will maintain on-board weapon management systems that allow aircrew to select, arm and release aircraft weapons. There are also opportunities to undertake instructional duties or work within a software development organisation.