The HQ Air Occupational Psychology Team would like to announce the 2022 RAF Armed Forces Continuous Attitudes Survey (AFCAS).
The survey launched on 13 Sep 21 and runs until 7 Feb 22. Last year 46% of RAF participants returned an AFCAS; 9% higher than the tri-Service response rate.
How you benefit?
We use valuable AFCAS feedback to improve the working lives of RAF personnel and help shape the RAF Strategy. In particular:
Improve career and talent management for junior ranks
Monitor the impact of alternative working arrangements and improve flexible working opportunities
Ensure people are treated fairly and drive out inappropriate behaviour
Improve access to sport, AT and FD
Improve Service accommodation
Provide evidence for the Armed Forces Pay Review Body
Ensure specific RAF needs are reflected in developing tri-Service policy
An infographic of actions based on AFCAS 2021 findings can be found here (internal users only).
About the survey
AFCAS allows you to speak directly to the Air Force Board Executive. You can tell them about Service life from your perspective. AMP&C, as the People Champion, uses your feedback to develop and deliver an offer that reflects RAF requirements.
Your views are critical and the greater the number of survey respondents, the more evidence the RAF has to drive through the changes you want.
• AFCAS is sent to a randomly selected representative sample of personnel (to reduce survey burden).
• AFCAS is 100% confidential.
• AFCAS is a way for you to share honest feedback.
• Those selected will receive an email invitation on 13 Sep to complete the questionnaire online.
• After a few weeks individuals will also have the opportunity to complete a paper version if they prefer or have no online access.
Without your feedback, policy decisions may be made which don't take into account the needs of RAF personnel.