If you are serving at RAF Wittering, a Future Accommodation Model (FAM) pilot site – then we need your views!
The FAM Team want to talk to Service Personnel and your families at Wittering to understand in more detail your experiences of the FAM Pilot. Thank you to everyone who has already volunteered to be part of our research, but we would like to hear from as many Service Personnel and your spouses/partners as possible.
Here is more information about the research we would like you to participate in:
Research project 1: Understanding Service Personnel (SP) satisfaction with their lived experience of the Future Accommodation Model (FAM) pilot
We want to understand your satisfaction with specific aspects of the FAM pilot policy and your overall lived experience of the FAM pilot via two activities:
Activity: Large Audience Conversations
· We will ask you about your experiences of the FAM pilot and you can provide responses using voting buttons or writing in short text-based answers
· Answers will be anonymous and therefore will not be identifiable to others in the conversation
· Activity taking place online using a platform called Remesh (you can use your own person device)
· Activity lasts about 1 hour
· Sessions will be held on:
o 13/09/2021 @ 2pm – Service Personnel
o 14/09/2021 @ 2pm – Service Personnel
o 16/09/2021 @ 6pm – Service Personnel spouses and partners who have or haven’t taken a FAM option
Activity: 1:1 Discussions with a researcher
· We will ask you about your experiences of the FAM pilot – whether you have taken a FAM option or not
· 1:1 discussion with a researcher
· Activity lasts about 1 hour and will be conducted via MS Teams (you do not need MODNET access to participate)
· Sessions will be held at a time convenient for the participant in mid September/early October
Research project 2: Influences on UK Service personnel renting privately under the MOD’s Future Accommodation Model
We want to understand what helps or hinders renting a property in the private sector.
· Online focus group to improve our understanding of what helps or makes it harder for Service Personnel to rent a private property.
· Activity lasts about 90 minutes and will take place via MS Teams (you do not need MODNET access to participate)
· Sessions will be held in mid/late September
If you are interested in taking part, please email [email protected]