- Stationed at RAF Wittering in Cambridgeshire.
- In 1915 it was the first air unit to use wireless technology to report troop movements
- Aircraft flown have included, the Canberra, Buccaneer and Tornado GR1
- Was a Jaguar Operational Conversion Unit until 2005
- One of the two RAF Elementary Flying Training squadrons, No 16 Squadron is based at RAF
Wittering and trains students on the Grob 115E Tutor.
- Students fly courses of up to 70 hours, learning basic aircraft handling, instrument flying,
navigation, and formation skills before progressing to the fast-jet, multi-engine and rotary
streams for advanced flying training.