- Based at RAF Brize Norton in Oxfordshire
- Providing Logistics (Drivers) and Logistics (Supply, Storage and Distribution) specialists to support Defence
- Fought with distinction in the Battle of France and the Battle of Britain
- Deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan as a Force Protection Squadron between 2001-13
- Personnel are recruited from across the south of the country and the midlands
1927 – Formed as the 'City of Bristol' Squdron flying bombers.
1936 – Changed to 'County of Gloucester' Squadron and changed role to a fighter squadron.
1938 – Re-equipped with Hawker Hurricanes.
1940 – Took part in the Battle of Britain.
1957 – Disbanded as a flying Squadron to be reformed in 2001 as a Operations Support Squadron.
2014 – Reformed as a Logistics Support Squadron; part of 85 (Expeditionary Logistics Wing).