- Based at RAF Honington, the Squadron is parachute trained.
- Originally formed in 1922 as an armoured car company.
- Composed of 175 personnel arranged into four flights and supporting elements.
- Performed some of the first reconnaissance in the Western Desert in 1940 for the British Army.
1922 - Formed a 2 armoured car company at Heliopolis, Egypt.
1959 - Had its Squadron Standard presented in Malta.
1962 - Became the airborne assault squadron for 19 years as part of 38 Group.
1992 - Resumed its role as a light squadron.