Feriens Tego – Striking I defend.
On a gauntlet a hawk rising affrontée.
Approved by HRH King Edward VIII in October 1936.
Developed from an early unofficial badge which had been devised when the unit was based at Hawkinge.
- Advanced Fast Jet Flying Training Squadron – reformed at RAF Valley on 8th September 2018
- Forms part of the UK Military Flying Training System (UKMFTS) joint enterprise as well as Number 4 Flying Training School (4 FTS)
- Trainee pilots arrive from the Tucano at RAF Linton-on-Ouse, which will become the Texan T Mk 1 at RAF Valley in October 2019
- Pilots graduating XXV(F) Squadron will continue their Tactical and Weapons Training with IV(AC) Squadron, RAF Valley, before progressing to Front Line aircraft type
1915 - Formed from Number 6 Reserve Squadron, Royal Flying Corps at Montrose.
1935 - 1938 - The Squadron flew DH9s, Snipes, Grebes, Siskins, Furies, Demons and Gladiators before equipping with Blenheim Mk 1Fs in December 1938.
1939 - The Squadron received Blenheim Mk 4Fs and became the first Squadron to fly with an Air Intercept radar for developing radar technology and early radar intercept tactics. The Squadron flew night-fighter missions from various bases in England, and these night tactics were called upon during the Battle of Britain; this capability became more important as Luftwaffe night bombing raids increased in their intensity.
1963 - 1989 XXV(F) Squadron re-equipped with the Bloodhound Surface-to-Air Missile system and protected various locations around the UK and in Germany
1989 - The Squadron returned to manned flight in July with the introduction of the Tornado F3 at RAF Leeming. This period saw operational deployments as part of the Combined Air Defence Force during Gulf War 1, then over the former Yugoslavia (Op DENY FLIGHT), and enforcing No-Fly-Zone (Op BOLTON (SOUTH) and Op RESINATE (SOUTH), in addition to Quick Reaction Alert (QRA) in the UK (Op ADANA), Baltic States (BALTIC AIR POLICING) and also the Falkland Islands (1435 Flight).
2008 - XXV(F) Squadron disbanded on 4th April 2008 and was reformed at RAF Valley on 8th September 2018.