Got some website feedback? Tell us
Got feedback to help us improve our website?
JHC FS Aldergrove is home to 38 Engineer Regiment of the British Army, and units of the Army Air Corps. The Station retains an RAF presence through an RAF Reserve Squadron and a University Air Squadron.
Aldergrove Base, Aldergrove, Crumlin BT29 4BP
Part of 5 Regiment, Army Air Corps, the centre provides intelligence support to British Army units at home and on operations abroad.
Consists of two squadrons, 651 and 655, flying the Gazelle helicopter. The Regiment deploys overseas in support of the British Army, but also supports the local services.
Aldergrove officially opened in May 1918 but was virtually unused until May 1925 when it became a fully operational flying Station. The Station was renamed RAF Aldergrove in Jan 1936, operating as an important Coastal Command Station throughout World War Two. On 20 September 2009 the Royal Air Force Ensign was lowered and the Joint Helicopter Flag raised. Joint Helicopter Command Flying Station Aldergrove is now home to squadrons of the Army Air Corps and the equipment of 38 Engineer Regiment; approximately 75 RAF personnel remain stationed at Aldergrove.
Using Internet Explorer 8? Please switch to using Chrome if you can.